Requirements for Online Grocery Shop – Online Kirana pasal
1.1. Website Investment – for developing, running and website maintenance.
1.1.a. Domain – .com, .com.np (name of your website)
1.1.b. Hosting – shared, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated servers (space where you store your product images, website files etc)
1.1.c. Website – can be build using different technologies according to your budget or requirements. Some of popular designing/developing technologies and methods are as follows:
# Opensource technologies – wordpress, opencart, magento. It means you can use website design and codes that are already available in the market. Choose, download and install and you’re ready to go. You can start uploading your products and start selling.
# Opensource customization – wordpress, opencart, magento. It means you can modify available website design and codes according to your requirements.
# Fully customization – frontend and backend – It means you’ll build everything from scratch according to your requirements so that you’ll have flexibility and full control on design etc. But it is costly and time consuming then other two options. Website maintenance will be easy in customized sites.
1.2. Store Investment – place to keep products like warehouse.
No stock (Purchase after getting order) – If you do not wish to keep stock then you can purchase products after getting order and delivering them to your customer. You can tie up with local store or with local whole-seller, dealer.
Keep stock – You can also invest certain amount to keep products stock.
2. First website or mobile app ? – First website because you’ll need your presence in Google and other search engines. For this mobile app cannot help you. If you rank well in Google then it will be a huge benefit for your business. Website will also work as a mobile app and user will able to click add to home screen button in mobile and it will be just like mobile app. There is no need of mobile app unless you want presence in app store. Mobile app is essential only if your app can be used offline like games.
3. Target audience – There are different market segmentation.
B2C – business to consumers. Consumers can also be divided into different categories like high income consumers, medium and low income consumers.
B2B – business to business. For example delivering products only to restaurants, hotel, coffee shop, offices, factory etc
4. Expenses: Warehouse, office/shop expenses, technical expenses(website), advertising etc.
5. Geography – target business area.
6. Promotion – online business cannot survive without promotion unless you have large number of followers in social media or your website is ranked well in Google.
6.a. Offline – print media (newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, hoarding boards), radio, tv, exibition
6.b. Online – facebook, Linkedin, Youtube, Google, Twitter, Pinterest
7. Unique selling point – helps to grow your business. You can choose any one or all according to market requirement/opportunities such as
8. Delivery system – For delivery you can do it yourself, hire staff or hire professional delivery company.
9. Payment system – online payment, cash on delivery, bank transfer.